Sunday, February 28, 2010

To Blog or not to Blog...

SO...

I have heard that writing a blog is a cathartic experience, and thus I have decided to give it a whirl for myself. I don't think its going to be anything ground-shaking or earth-moving, just a ramble of thoughts from my mind to you.

To kick it all off I thought an old poem of mine might be fitting, I've been thinking about it a lot lately and tonight's full moon seems to make it an even more appropriate choice. I hope you like it.

And The Moon Watched From Her Sky

I went to the ocean last night.
The hands of the sea covered the shore,
Caressed the sand like a lover,
While the waves whispered secrets from the sea floor.
And the Moon watched from her sky.

I went to the river last night.
The song of the valley broke over the stones,
Rushed downstream like a feather,
The singing rung clearly in chiming bright tones.
And the Moon watched from her sky.

I went to the lake last night.
I saw my reflectionon the water's dark face,
Bathed in the light of la Lune,
I saw the stars scattered through time and through space.
And the Moon watched from her sky.

I stood in the rain last night.
The torrents of water streamed down my skin,
Washed me clean of regrets,
Cleansed my soul of the hurts held within.
And the Moon watched from her sky.

I shed many tears last night.
They ran like hot rivers along the plains of my cheeks,
Burning they slipped from my eyes,
And dropped to the sand where I stood on that beach.
And the Moon watched from her sky.


2 comments:

  1. Lovely poem, Rachael. Welcome to BlogLand and thank you for stopping by my blog. Great use of full moon energy; may she continue to light your path in all her phases. Blessed be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Wendy! Ilove reading your blog I've just only recently got around to getting an account to follow it!

    ReplyDelete

Add your feather to the nest...